Knowing When to Let Go...

It's been a while since there were any posts here. That's... entirely my own fault, sorry people. Fortunately I'm still ahead with my Goodreads reading challenge - I had a good burst of reading energy at the start of the year, and used it wisely. However, today's post is not talking about books, even though I easily could. No, it's about collecting and knowing when it's time to move your collection on.

A bit of setting this up: we're in the middle of decorating all the bedrooms at my house. My room will be done last because it's going to take me ages to pack away all my books. The brother is lucky, he's got a walk in cupboard he can just shove everything into, but I digress. Part of my preparing to have my room painted has been packing away a lot of my figures, and it made me realise that for a lot of them now, I'm not getting the enjoyment that I used to.

Frankly? When you're not enjoying them as you used to, that's when you know it's time for the thing to move on.

I'm not saying it's an easy decision, because it's honestly not. Part of me would like to keep them around, just gathering dust, so I can say that I have a complete collection of whatever. But that's honestly not a behaviour in myself that I want to encourage or let grow. But it's not an easy decision, and I will miss the figures that I move on, even if it's only because they were mine and I had them. It's just that... I'm looking at them without really seeing them, and that's never a good sign.

So which ones am I looking to move on? Well, ironically, the majority of my Sailor Moon Figuarts. All the inner senshi, Tuxedo Mask and Chibi Moon will be looking to find new homes. Some Figma related to the Fate series, some older Marvel Legends (though I probably might just donate those ones) and... I'm not sure what else at the moment. Possibly some dolls too, though that will be another post once I've decided.

It's a declutter clear out, in a sense, and I'm hoping that among other things, it'll just help for a freer sense of mind. However, coming to this conclusion has me curious: how do you know when it's time for something to move on, and has there been anything you've kept just simply because? Please let me know!

Peace and pancakes, people. Talk soon!

Comments