[Meme] Greek Mythos Based Asks

Zeus: What is your favourite kind of weather? Honestly? Probably a day when it's just nicely warm, bit of a breeze, and not raining. A kind of ... basic day? Not too hot or too cold. I don't do well in the extremes, though through simple fact of where I live I'm a little better in the cold than the hot.

Hera: What is the last book you read? So I finished a re-read of Much Ado About Nothing yesterday - best play of all the plays - and I'm currently reading Girls Who Rocked the World. It's aimed at a lower age group than myself but it was on offer in the shop and it's a nice little reference style book to awesome women in history. It includes a good bibliography at the end with further reading and even some movies to check out.

Poseidon: Where is your favorite place to go on a weekday afternoon when you have no plans or obligations? I like staying in if I had no plans or obligations but on the rare times I do feel up to going out, I like going to the nearer Waterstones book shop. It doesn't have as much as the big one in town, but it's still fun to go to.

Demeter: Are you spiritual or religious in any way? If so, how? Yes. And while you ask me to go into it, I'm not going to. Because... it's just a part of myself I keep to myself. I do freely admit I had a Catholic upbringing however, so there's still a lot of that that influences my life.

(Also Catholic churches are really nice to visit)

Athena: Would you rather be anxious and intelligent or carefree and simple? Carefree and intelligent. I disagree with the use of simple in this context, being carefree does not indicate a lack of intelligence, but likely a better coping mechanism with the world.

Apollo: Name the last song you listened to? Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are. Yeah.

Artemis: Do you believe it is vital to everyday life to know what is happening in the world around you? Not vital, no. It is important to know about the wider state of the world but that amount of negativity can really do you mental harm so it's good to just step back and try to ... not take it all in.

Ares: Do you still remember arguments or upsets from over 5 years ago? Do they still bother you today? Yes. And sort of? It's ... They tend to play on my mind whenever I feel particularly anxious, which is the majority of the time. I keep thinking how they could have went differently, or how I could have put my point across better and ... it's not healthy to keep thinking on stuff like that, so I really try not to. Try being the key word.

Aphrodite: What did you love most about the place you grew up? What about it did you love the least? Okay so like the vast majority of my time when I was little at my grandparents because the Mum was pretty much their primary carer and ... it was a lovely little village with a park and lots of places to go and play and yeah. Where I actually lived? I couldn't really go outside because people were assholes.

Hephaestus: Do you have a favorite/most interesting Wikipedia page? Not really, no.

Hermes: What's the best nickname you've ever been called? & what's the worst? I don't think I've ever really been given a nick-name that's lasted? I mean, my initial, but I don't know if that would count because no one uses it in conversation, it's just like a typed shorthand.

Hestia: What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it? ... I have one on my right hand that came through a stress based itch. Yeaaaaah. This is a weird question for the Goddess of Home and Hearth...

Dionysus: If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?Writing. Being paid to come up with live blogs for shows I like?

Hades: If you could find out the date of your death, would you want to know? Right now my answer is no. That being said, I can actually see the merit in such a thing because it would help to settle affairs but I know my own mind and as it stands, I would send too long panicking and not actually get a damn thing done.

Heracles: What has been your biggest challenge in life so far? Anxiety, depression and stress problems. We're still fighting.

Persephone: What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? There's a few. Majority of the holding me back? Money or my own mind.

Asclepius: Have you ever lied about being ill to avoid school or work? If so, how elaborate have your stories been? It's entirely possible on the school level. I was bullied a lot by students and a couple of teachers so the place was just a misery to me and the less time I spent there, the better I felt. I don't think it was a deliberate lie - looking back on it it's likely I was suffering from bad anxiety over the place that made me feel ill - but ... yeah, it's likely.

Eros: How did you meet your best friend? Online, and thanks to various fandoms.

Comments