Doll Collector's Tag

I found this being done via videos on Youtube, and thought it might be fun to write it up as a blog post. Just, y'know, for something to do. This is the Doll Collector's tag and if anyone out there would like to do it as well, then feel free to pick it up and continue on!

1. How long have you been collecting? I've been officially collecting since... 2010. I did have dolls and stuff as a kid, but I wouldn't have called myself a doll collector. I've been collecting action figures since about 2006, I'd say, but that's a smaller thing really. Dolls was 2010.


2. What do you collect? Oh, that's a thing, In my collection I have Barbie, BeGoths, Disney, Ever After High, Monster High, Tonner, Pullips, Customs... Basically I think the answer would be whatever I find to be visually pleasing.

3. How many dolls do you have? Oh, wow, that's a question. Probably more than I have willingly counted. I am kind of constantly going through my collection and cutting it down though, because I just .. am that type of person. I couldn't actually put a number on it, and that's a thing for me. I'll try to put a number on it soon.

4. Which of your collections are you the most proud of? Why? Possibly my BeGoths if only because I didn't get into those dolls until after they'd stopped producing them, so being able to have any seems awesome to me

5. Which single doll cost you the most money? That would be... Probably one of the Disney Designer Collection Lot. I think it's a tie between Alice and Queen of Hearts and Peter Pan and Captain Hook. That's the most I've spent on a single doll purchase, if those set count as a single purchase. If not... Good Old Summertime Amber Stanhope from the Ellowyne Wilde line. I got her second hand, but she was still quite a lot for a single purchase. I saved a good bit for her.

6. Which doll line is your favorite to collect and why? The answer would have been Monster High because that was fun, but since the reboot a lot of the fun has gone out of that line... Though in general, a lot of the fun has gone out of playline for me. BeGoths again, I think. It's more of a hunt, and I have to be very particular and... yeah. Just fun.

7. What made you want to collect dolls? I can't think of any one think apart from bemoaning the lack of - at the time - decent female action figures. It's weird to think that such a relatively short time ago, the action figure world did not have the awesome figures it has now and that had me turning to dolls. Monster High caught my eye and the rest is history.

8. Which is your most wanted doll right now? It's still the Disney Store Limited Edition Merida doll. She appears on eBay every so often but always for a lot more than I can put to one doll. But she's gorgeous and Merida is my girl when it comes to the Princesses, so yeah

9. Which of your previously most wanted dolls do you have now? I got hold of the Medicom Project BM Ankh this past Christmas and just yes. He's technically classed as a 1:6 scale action figure but bugger it, he can count as a doll for this. I also managed to get hold of an Evangeline Ghastly as a steal of a price.

10. What is the most dolls you have gotten at once? Erm... 3 or 4? Never too many all at once, but yeah, I think that's been the most.

11. Which is your least favorite doll? This is actually a hard one to answer because I tend to just move the dolls I don't really bond with on. If I had to pick one right now it would probably be the live action Belle doll. It's the face.

12. Which of your dolls has the best story (in your life and in theirs?) My custom Wednesday Addams. She was a gift from a friend, made especially for me, and I don't know what it is, but she's probably the best story behind any doll. There's ones with more interesting stories, but that one always sticks out.

13. What do you do with your dolls? Pose them, take photos, make photo stories, make clothes... General stuff, I guess.

14. Are there any other collections that you want to start? Doll wise? There's a couple of types of doll I'd like. A Momoko, something Azone... I don't necessarily think they'd be collections - price wise it would take ages, but I would like at least one of the types.

15. Which of your dolls would you most like to be? Why? Can I say Wednesday again? Because Wednesday is awesome.

16. Do people know that you collect dolls/toys? They do, yes. It tends to come up in conversation at some point or another.

17. Does your family support your collection? My immediate family does, I'm not so sure about my extended family. My immediate family also tend to worry when I say I'm looking to get rid of stuff but they really shouldn't. I put good thought into things.

18. What was your first doll/toy collection that you can remember? Do you still have them? I have the porcelain dolls that everyone bought for me when I was younger. Oh, and some of my beanie babies. Otherwise... no, not really.

19. Which doll started each of your collections? First release Frankie Stein from Monster High. She was one of the one with elastic in her legs and it broke and then she broke so I don't have her anymore but she was the one who started it all, so I have a soft spot for her. I might try to find the re-release, but ... eh. BeGoths was Malice, Ever After High was Apple White. Disney as an adult was Merida.

20. What is your favorite place to shop for dolls? I do most of my buying from eBay, actually... Otherwise, it's usually Smyths for playline stuff. Or Argos. But as I've been saying, the playline is not really appealing to me the way it did which is a thing I am having to deal with.

Comments

  1. Can I use this tag on my channel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course. As I said at the start of the post, I did originally get this from YouTube anyway.

      Delete

Post a Comment