Review: Stranger Than Fanfiction

Stranger Than Fanfiction Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stranger Than Fanfiction was a surprisingly fast read for me. I had never read one of Chris Colfer's books before - though I am very tempted to check out the Land of Stories series - and the summary for this one interested me. Colfer is a good writer, and it was easy to become invested in the story - simple as the basic plot is - within a few pages.

Cash Carter is one of the stars of a very popular TV show. When a group of fans invite him to go on a cross-country trip with him, he accepts. That is the basic plot but believe me when I say the way Colfer takes it makes it feel like you've got on a trip yourself. The characters are all very human, with hopes and dreams and foibles that make them stand out in the crowd. My personal favourite is actually Cash, if only because he pushes himself to such extremes that it's hard to look away.

And that twist... While it was something that I had sort of guessed, it was still a kick in the gut.

I can't really say much in this review because the more I say, the more it would spoil the story. Just go and read this. A great contemporary piece. Well worth the getting.

View all my reviews

Comments