Review: Spider-Man / Deadpool Vol. 2: Side Pieces

Spider-Man / Deadpool Vol. 2: Side Pieces Spider-Man / Deadpool Vol. 2: Side Pieces by Scott Auckerman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So here's the thing. I've never actually read many of the infamous Spider-Man and Deadpool team ups. Oh, I've seen scans thanks to Tumblr, but since I am kind of terrible at getting hold of single issues of comics, these team ups remain things that I know only briefly. This trade is pretty awesome in that regard, though, as it lets me read these two playing off each other and let's me see why people love it so much.

Yeah, Spider-Man and Deadpool playing off each other is kind of fantastic and I really wish I had read more before hand since with the upcoming Marvel: Legacy thing, I don't think these positive interactions are going to last much longer.

As for the trade itself? It's high quality. Great art styles through and the humour is always on point. I like the one that was clearly released before the Deadpool movie came out, and how it pokes fun at the industry. Also the implication that the heroes get small royalties from their movies in universe. I wonder if there's been Spider-Man ones in the Marvel Comics Universe or would the constant negative press from the Bugle have affected that...?

I'm hoping to find the first trade soon, and giggle my way through that. This trade is definitely one that anyone can pick up and enjoy though, so I recommend it.

View all my reviews

Comments