Review: Disney Princess Comic Strips Collection, Vol. 2

Disney Princess Comic Strips Collection, Vol. 2 Disney Princess Comic Strips Collection, Vol. 2 by Amy Mebberson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amy Mebberson is one of my favourite comic artists in the genre at the moment, and I really adore her Pocket Princesses web-comic, which means - of course - that I am a huge fan of these individual Disney Princess Comic Strips. Collection 2 arrived at my home today, courtesy of Amazon, and it didn't take me long to devour each strip with a smile on my face.

All the official princesses are represented - up to Merida, at least. Frozen onwards have not been included in the collection, and I'm not entirely sure why. Not that it matters - each Princess and her individual movie cast has their own moments to shine, and Mebberson reminds us why these ladies are people to admire. They're funny, kind, stubborn, smart, basically anything you can thing of. All the comics are played for humor, but more often than not there are genuine heart-warming moments. In this collection, the stand-out for that would be a long strip in which Tiana prepares her restaurant to feed the homeless of New Orleans. Lottie comes along with donates suits from Big Daddy to give the people some fine new clothing. The humor comes from Naveen apparently being a bit clueless to what's going on - he doesn't attend enough staff meetings - but the heart-warming of the strip shines through about all.

If you like Disney, these are definitely comics worth picking up and checking out. They are pretty much guaranteed to make you smile.

View all my reviews

Comments